Friday, April 3, 2009

Day -6

-- To-Do List looks about the same (need to kick it up a notch!).
-- Have it on my heart to pause and thank the many friends, colleagues, and family members who have contributed their love, support, and prayers for the upcoming trip. This opportunity to serve is SO awesome it's overwhelming my ability to capture it emotionally -- but I am SO thankful to all of you!
-- One more update...recent news regarding my volunteer placement assignment is just one more example of how the trip is coming together in such an amazing way! I will be working with the following organization:


WEECE - Women's Education and Economic Center

  • Providing women who are operatng existing businesses with financial assistance through micro-loans. This includes the provision of financial and small business education.
  • Counseling and legal advocacy to lead towards gender equality to educate marginalized women in their human and legal rights (e.g. inheritance rights, business training, advice on personal relationships, domestic violence, etc.).
I could not have designed a more perfect assignment for my experience and heart direction! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment